Since 1969, PCS has provided a forum for the visual coding community from academia and industry. The 32nd PCS will be held in the historical city of Nuremberg, Germany. In line with the pioneering tradition of PCS, path breaking, challenging exploratory contributions are very welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Coding of still and moving pictures
- Model-based and synthetic coding
- Multi-view video processing and coding
- Coding for mobile, IP and sensor networks
- Standards for visual data coding
- Image coding for novel camera architectures
- Distributed source coding, Joint source and channel coding
- Transcoding and transmoding
- Scalable image and video coding
- Coding and processing for database applications
- Multimodal coding and processing
- Representation, analysis and coding of 3D scenes
- Very high-resolution imaging, coding and processing
- Image and video processing
- Subjective and objective quality assessment metrics and methods
- Error robustness, resilience and concealment
- Protection and integrity of visual data
- Virtual/augmented/mixed reality
- Implementation architectures and VLSI
- New applications and techniques for visual data processing
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers for the Symposium, inEnglish language, with a maximum length of five (5) pages and font size of 10 pt,including results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted only in PDF format. Online submission will be available through the symposium web site.
The deadline for paper submission is June 1, 2016. (Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2016; Submission of camera-ready papers (5 pages): October 15, 2016). More information will be available on the symposium web site.