The 32nd PCS will be held in the historical city of Nuremberg, Germany, and the famous Christkindlesmarkt (Christmas market) will welcome the attendees for a memorable experience of German tradition. In line with the pioneering tradition of PCS, path breaking, challenging exploratory contributions are very welcome.
- Prof. Karlheinz Brandenburg, TU Ilmenau and Fraunhofer IDMT, Ilmenau, Germany: Recent Progress in Audio and Acoustic Communication: What can video learn from it?
- Prof. Patrick Le Callet, Université de Nantes, France : Perceptual coding, a “I Love You? Nor Do I” story
- Prof. Bernd Girod, Stanford University, USA: Representing Immersive Video for Head-Mounted Displays
The conference program includes the following topics:
- Image Coding
- Video Coding
- Perceptual Quality
- Challenges in Perceptual Compression of Video
- Video Compression Technology beyond HEVC
- Adaptive Transforms
- Learning and Optimization in Visual Coding
- High Dynamic Range
- Multi-view Compression and Synthesis