Proposed papers must be informational and must address technical theory, research, innovation, application, or practice specific to any of the evolving technologies associated with the media and entertainment industry.
- Benefits for authors of manuscript proposals that are selected include:
- Opportunity to present at SMPTE 2018
- Manuscript published in the SMPTE Digital Library hosted on the IEEE Xplore platform
- Video of the presentation will be posted to SMPTE's YouTube channel.
- Submitted manuscripts will also go through peer review for possible publication in the award-winning SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal.
Initial abstracts can be submitted online until Monday, 28 May 2018. Students papers are strongly encouraged.
SMPTE 2018 will boast a larger high-tech exhibit hall and more seating for its three days of technical sessions. The event will also feature special events including the Annual Awards Gala and a preconference Symposium, all of which is supposed to bring attendees opportunities for professional development, relationship building, and “mind sharing”.