LightWave 2019 includes additional enhancements for animators. Among these is a new ‘Limited Bones’ mode for the character animation system. This provides the ability to match the number of bones able to affect a given point to the game engine in use. The new mode also has real-time optimizations to more closely match the performance that game engines expect from a bone system. Modeler’s enhancements for game development include new UV and UDIM tools, as well as support for smoothing groups, which allow for fine-tuned control of the contouring of models.
- Improved FBX Interchange and added FBX attribute support
- Shading Model Customization Tools
- New Shape Primitives and Tools
- OpenVDB Creation
- Shading and Rendering Enhancements
- Edge Shader Node simulates beveled or rounded edges without geometry
- Patina Node adds wear and dirt to surfaces to give your world that lived-in look
- Procedural Shader Node wraps classic LightWave™ procedural textures for Node Editor
- NVIDIA OptiX™ Denoising for still images (requires NVIDIA graphics card)
- Despike can reduce or eliminate artifacts for a render that has “fireflies”
- Scientifically-accurate Physical Sky shader and SunLight light type.
- Workflow and UI:
- Display Scaling Options for high-resolution monitors and multiple monitor setups
- Expanded Layout Undo System
- Popup Menus now support mouse wheel, navigation keys, search and more
- Node Graph controls for grid size, snap to grid, grid brightness and color, Tidy Nodes
- Online Documentation adapts to the screen format of any device
- “Managed portal” licensing option for large facilities. Purchase by special arrangement.
LightWave 3D 2019 is available for Windows and Mac OS. Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D can upgrade to LightWave 2019 through March 31, 2019.
International pricing may vary. Educational pricing is also available.