Recognised by many as the third show behind IBC and NAB, ConnecTechAsia, situated in an area identified as a COVID-19 hotspot, has now been rescheduled for 29 September - 1 October at Singapore EXPO & MAX Atria. A number of the events that have so far been postponed have been rescheduled for the beginning of Q4 a time of year traditionally busy with expos.
"Obviously the whole world is at risk of this pernicious virus and in addition to those events that have been cancelled, postponed and/or rescheduled, we are seeing increasing apprehension concerning international travel that may have further impact on international events. Clearly we are not unique; this epidemic is affecting all events and most industries, markets and supply chains."
However, “IABM is ideally placed to provide both up to the minute information and a wide range of supporting services for both technology vendors and buyers in broadcast and media.We are in constant contact with organisers of all the shows and events in our industry worldwide, and we have created a page on our website where you can see the latest status and statements on all these events in the light of COVID-19 coronavirus here” – Peter White, IABM CEO.
"Whatever happens with exhibitions and events over the coming months, we know that in our dynamic industry, ‘the show must go on’, and IABM has a wealth of resources that will keep you up to date with everything that’s happening around the world:
- We have created an industry forum on our website to keep you abreast of all the developments taking place in our industry’s event world. https://theiabm.org/coronavirus/
- In addition, wherever safe to do so, IABM TV will be travelling to events to provide news, debates and coverage for members unable to attend in person. This content will further enhance the huge range of invaluable content we already offer on the widest range of subjects in the Knowledge Hub on our website. https://theiabm.org/content-search/
- We also have in place a program of webinars which will explore key areas of technology and business opportunity over the coming months. https://theiabm.org/iabm-webinars/
- For Broadcast and Media executives unable to attend shows to review technology choices in person, the BaM Shop Window on our website provides the industry’s most comprehensive one-stop-shop covering every area of the BaM Content Chain in an easily searchable format. https://theiabm.org/bam-industry-shop-window/
- And you can keep up with all the latest industry news, white papers and blogs via the news pages on our website too.
- Our world class Business Intelligence resources will continue to deliver in-depth insights and analysis to keep you up to date with technology and business trends as they unfold.
IABM is here to serve our members and the wider industry as we all navigate these challenging times. Let me know if there’s anything else we could be doing to help."