It is targeted to small and mid-sized broadcasters and content owners seeking a high-quality, yet cost-efficient, live video streaming solution, as well as larger broadcasters who desire a lightweight, on-the-go alternative for their teams.
BaseLink 5G incorporates the following new features:
- Supports up to six 5G modems to maximize available bandwidth and ensure the highest-quality, lowest latency video streaming;
- Includes two Ethernet ports to expand in-venue connectivity options, access to wideband internet for production crews, and direct connection to cloud-based content storage;
- Provides increased local storage within the unit, allowing store-and-forward of high-resolution video content;
- Ruggedized aluminum housing to withstand challenging operating conditions;
- BaseLink 5G also supports the latest video GPU’s (graphics processing units) that will power the next generation of encoders capable of delivering sub-second delay and virtual zero latency applications.