Das HbbTV Symposium 2022 ist offen für Vorträge zu den folgenden Themen, insbesondere wenn diese auf Erfahrungen aus dem Live-Betrieb beruhen. Es können auch Vorschläge zu anderen Themen eingereicht werden.
- Reviews of new and existing HbbTV deployments in different markets and countries.
- Using hybrid broadcast and broadband to improve viewers’ choice and experience from the perspectives of:
Consumers and/or consumer organisations
TV and other device manufacturers (e.g. supporting multiscreen services, companion/second screen)
Operators and Service Providers
Broadcasters (both public service and commercial)
Regulators, National governments and/or European organisations
- Advertising and other means of monetizing the hybrid approach to television (e.g. addressable TV ads):
Targeted Advertising (TA): Broadcast ad substitution
Client-side and server-side substitution
Targeted Advertising: implementations, use case examples, experiences, future developments, challenges
Benefits of standards-based TA (opposed to proprietary solutions)
- HbbTV Operator Application (HbbTV OpApp):
Explanation, implementations, best practices, specification updates
- Experiences in promoting and marketing HbbTV:
From a technology perspective
From a Business Development perspective
- GDPR & ePrivacy – experiences in an HbbTV-enabled world:
Audience measurements, viewer behaviour and other in GDPR compliance
Asking for and obtaining consent in the context of a TV set
Cookies and their successors
- Content Media Security, rights management and content protection in hybrid TV services:
DRM and HbbTV (e.g. examples, services, solutions)
- HbbTV best practices:
OTT, on demand/catch-up streaming services
Companion screen applications
Voice-Control with HbbTV
360° VR – increase viewer engagement
Experiences with Operator Application
Content discovery services
Accessibility (Spoken subtitles, Audio descriptions, Sign language)
- Delivering advanced viewing experiences including:
Next Generation Audio
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/AICutting edge innovations and technology in the deployment of HbbTV-enabled services and devices.
- Tools and techniques for developing and testing HbbTV applications and services.
- HbbTV and other standards. For example:
3GPP 5G Technology/5G Broadcast
DVB-I: role/involvement of HbbTV, new specifications
IP-Broadcasting (e.g. DVB Native IP)
ATSC 3.0 watermarking
- HbbTV Conformance Regimes: why it is needed, country best practices, implementation, stakeholder education
- Update from US market, e.g. inspiration for European market: ATSC 3 datacast applications, new applications, trends (local news, education)
- Inside HbbTV: how the organisation works, Working Groups, Task Forces, participation, involvement, benefits of membership
- The future for HbbTV: market trends and future directions
- Building a better HbbTV ecosystem: thoughts and ideas on how the HbbTV Association in cooperation with members and market players could foster a more efficient HbbTV ecosystem
- Lessons learned by service providers in deploying HbbTV services and doing business with HbbTV. What could be improved?
Das HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2022 richtet sich an Plattformbetreiber, Rundfunkanbieter, Werbetreibende und Adtech-Firmen, Standardisierungsorganisationen und Technologieunternehmen und bietet exklusive Einblicke in neue und innovative Dienste für Zuschauer, Programmanbieter und Werbetreibende.