The SPG9000 provides two independent 1G/10G IP ports over which Precision Time Protocol (PTP) messaging—used extensively in IP video standards like ST 2110—can be sent between all clocks and devices across separate networks to keep them synchronized with whatever device is designated the Grandmaster clock reference. The SPG9000 can serve as a Grandmaster, Leader, or Follower. Accurate timing can also be established using the SPG9000’s integrated dual-band multi-system Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver that can use the world’s top satellite constellations as clock sources, better serving the needs of the global market.
As the latest product to join the Telestream Video Test & Synchronization portfolio, the SPG9000 will be released with the following functionality:
- Dual independent 1G/10G ports for PTP
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) network configurations supporting dual Leader, dual Follower, and Follower + Leader configurations
- Analog genlock input and multiple black and timecode outputs for legacy and hybrid SDI/IP facilities
- Integrated dual-band, multi-system GNSS receiver that establishes timing based on NAVSTAR GPS, Russia’s GLONASS, The EU’s Galileo, China’s BeiDou, and/or the Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS) of Japan.
An Ordinary Clock mode allows the system to change dynamically between leader and follower modes. And when used as a backup Grandmaster, the SPG9000 stays in sync with whichever is the active Grandmaster without requiring a GNSS connection or Black Burst.
The SPG9000 also comes equipped with a comprehensive test signal generation capability that covers both IP and SDI, both of which can be optionally turned on with a software license enabling the following functionality.
- Multiple video/audio/data test signal generators for formats ranging from SD to HD/2K to UHD/4K
- Video, audio, and ancillary data generators for four independent multi-rate (270M, 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G) SDI outputs
- Two 10G/25G Ethernet ports for ST 2110 test signal streams with ST 2022-7 redundancy
- Networked Media Open Specifications (NMOS) management of IP sender configurations.
Note: Signal generation will be available a short time later as an upgradeable firmware license where no HW modification is needed.